Wild Illinois History
Journey back to a time of exploration with one of the first French trappers to reach the Illinois Territory. Play a game and learn how to make your own animal hide possibles bag.
Use the interactive activities on this site to explore Illinois history with late elementary students. You'll find lesson plans, activities, photos, posters and correlations to Illinois Learning Standards.
- AFWA Conservation Content Standards
- Conservation and management of terrestrial and water resources are essential to sustaining fish and wildlife, the outdoor landscape, and the quality of our lives.
- Students should understand the value of our fish and wildlife resources as a public trust.
- Students should understand and accept and/or lawfully participate in hunting, fishing, trapping, boating, wildlife watching, shooting sports, and other types of resource-related outdoor recreation.
- Students should understand the need for, and actively supports funding for fish and wildlife conservation.
- NAAEE Guidelines for Excellence in Environmental Education
- Knowlege of Environmental Processes and Systems
- Questioning, Analysis and Interpretation Skills
- National Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources (AFNR) Career Cluster Content Standards
- Natural Resource Systems - study of management of soil, water, wildlife, forests and air