Birds on the Brain!
BIRDS, BIRDS, and MORE BIRDS! Look, Listen, and Identify them using sight and sounds! Get a sensory overload...and go away with Birds on the Brain!
- 21st Century Learning Framework
- Interdisciplinary Themes
- Environmental Literacy
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the environment and the circumstances and conditions affecting it, particularly as relates to air, climate, land, food, energy, water and ecosystems
- Benchmarks for Conservation Literacy
- Outdoor Participation
- Outdoor recreational pursuits have many benefits and impacts (such as health, economic, ecological, etc.)
- Participate regularly in nature-related outdoor recreation.
- Exhibit responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in nature-related outdoor recreation.
- National Science Education Standards (1996)
- Life Science
- Levels K-4
- Levels 5-8
- Characteristics of organisms
- Life cycles of organisms
- Organisms and environments
- Structure and function in living systems
- Reproduction and heredity
- Regulation and behavior
- Populations and ecosystems
- Diversity and adaptations of organisms
Colorado State Parks- Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area